Water jet cutters work for many types of businesses. From décor to complex machinery, there are few sectors that do not benefit from water jet cutting—especially when you look at the heavy machinery or high tech segments. Here are six industries that frequently use water jet cutting companies in San Francisco, CA:
- Aerospace: The multi-process tools and machinery in airplanes and helicopters require refinement. Technology used in water jet cutting is efficient and offers the accuracy needed to create the lines for the most effective components. Water jet cutting cuts, drills, routes and cleans all in one step, which makes a higher-end product. Materials used in aerospace construction are heat-sensitive, and water jet cutting, with its low-temperature usage, proves essential for these projects.
- Robotics: Like airplanes, robots also depend on finely-honed components. Automated material handling frequently benefits from projects arising from water-cut materials. Robots themselves also frequently perform water jet cutting, making them the beneficiaries and the operators of this unique process.
- Military: Defense applications involve tough materials, and water jet cutting is often the best way to manipulate them. Fighter jets, tanks and personal armor contain super alloys, titanium, Kevlar and other materials that do not give in to traditional cutting methods. Water jet cutting not only gets through these materials but also does so with the refinement needed for the armed forces’ advanced specifications. It proves more essential as the military continues to experiment with lightweight and high-strength materials that offer their own challenges when finishing final products. Being a low-temperature clean process also eliminates the need for high-cost filtration systems while also being environmentally friendly.
- Automotive: The days of cars being an assemblage of clunky parts at the end of an assembly line are over. While the assembly line remains in use, cars contain higher technologies that also require smaller, more refined parts for operating computer systems and high-end features. Robots used on the assembly line also require repair and maintenance from water jet cutting companies in San Francisco, CA, which makes the process a large part of the automotive industry.
- Machinery: If you design or repair machines in-house, water jet cutting is an excellent way to design prototypes or parts. The ability of water jet cutting to cut close part tolerance allows your shop to maximize material usage and create less scrap. You will waste less material and save money in the process. Also, water jet cutting tools are very user-friendly, so teaching employees how to use them will not require a large amount of effort.
- Art: While water jet cutting applications affect every day life, it is most often seen as art. Sculpture, stained glass and even Christmas tree ornaments arise from water jet cutting techniques. Since there is no heat generated, it allows for the manipulation of material without sacrificing texture or color, which is why water jet cutting is a popular means of creating unique visions.
Whether your business is on this list or you are from an area new to us, Mach 1 Waterjet, Inc. is ready to take on your project. Call us today to see what we can do for you.