Many clients see us for help with cutting metal. However, our water jet cutting services in San Francisco, CA are not limited to steel, aluminum or bronze. We use our process for other materials as well. If you have a machine, component or other project that uses any of the following materials, chances are, we can help you, too!
- Plastic: Since it’s vulnerable to heat, manipulating plastic may produce the detail you want, but you may also lose material. Imprecise work can compromise a plastic component completely, which is a risk that leads to further losses. Water jet cutting does not create heat, so there is no risk of excessive melting. Enjoy perfect plastic shapes and accuracy that you cannot get with heat-based cutting methods.
- Rubber: Not only is rubber vulnerable to heat, but the higher-quality types can make material loss expensive. Water jet cutting services do not require heat, which benefits rubber the same way it does plastic. Its precision also means you conserve the rubber as it is manipulated into its final component. This saves you money while producing a better and cleaner design.
- Glass: While glass does not have the same heat vulnerabilities as plastic and rubber, it can be difficult to shape. Being off on a cut can shatter the entire object, which means more material waste. When you need precision, water jet cutting is an excellent option for glass. There is less chance of compromising its structure, and you will enjoy beauty and precision, too.
- Granite: There are few vulnerabilities with granite—and sometimes, that is the problem. Traditional means of breaking it require heavy handling, and with that, precision is often lost. This can also lead to material waste, since a bad cut could compromise the entire slab and make reusing it for other projects impossible. Cutting granite with a water stream is not only effective, but also accurate. You can manipulate that piece into any shape you need with less risk and a reduced chance of waste.
- Ceramics: With their mixture of strength and fragility, ceramics offer particular challenges. Many people can cut them easily with hand tools, but that often requires precision and patience that is beyond most people’s capabilities. Water jet cutting makes it easier to get the good cuts you need with a lower margin of error.
- Wood: When you want that perfect wood embellishment, hand tools and other traditional methods may be beyond your capabilities and those of your staff. The time involved also creates a high-cost product that may not perform well in your market. If you employ water jet cutting, you can enjoy precision without the same high costs. The accuracy also produces less waste, and making wood shapes without heat reduces the risk of material loss, just as with other materials listed here.
To take advantage of the benefits of water jet cutting services in San Francisco, CA, contact Mach 1 Waterjet, Inc. today. Even if your material is not on the list, call us anyway—we may be able to help you!