Having materials such as glass, metal and stone cut by water jet machining in San Francisco, CA can provide you with immense benefits over using traditional cutting methods that can actually crack, burn or melt these materials. By using water jet cutting, you will receive precise cuts without burning, warping or hardening your piece in the process. This process, which uses a high-powered water jet and an abrasive substance to cut, offers a range of advantages over traditional cutting methods:
- Cold cutting: Because water and an abrasive cutting material are used in water jet machining in San Francisco, CA, you are able to eliminate those spots on materials that, when cut, are burned or begin to harden. This heatless process provides dynamic cuts that are perfect every time without any aftereffects to the part.
- Cuts anything: Water jet cutting is a unique and powerful process that can cut virtually any type of material presented to it. From glass and metals to plastics and woods, it can make the required precision cuts without damaging or altering the material. You can even cut reinforced materials, as water jet cutting is powerful enough to cut through these tough parts.
- Cuts any direction: Water jet machining in San Francisco, CA has no limitations and can cut in any direction that is required. This makes this process ideal for detailed designs that require a specific pattern or meticulous cuts. Holes don’t have to be drilled to start the cut, as the process can be started from any placement and direction.
- No part deformities: When you use traditional cutting methods, parts can get deformed and damaged during the cutting process. Water jet machining in San Francisco, CA has excellent part accuracy that doesn’t burn or fray edges or result in waste parts. It can make fine points and defined edges on any material, creating the perfect piece every time.
- No scrap: Because water jet cutting can cut so accurately, there is very little scrap that occurs as a result of the process. It uses a small cutting width that has no waste. This saves you on the cost of raw materials over the time and production of your parts.
- Environmentally friendly: Water jet cutting is a clean process that eliminates the emissions of hazardous gases that are present in many traditional cutting methods. No oils are used in the process, removing the potential for VOCs, and you don’t have grinding chips present during the cutting method, making it a truly clean cutting process that is environmentally friendly.
By taking advantage of water jet machining in San Francisco, CA, you will have a part that has been cut to perfection every time. No matter what type of material you decide to cut, water jet cutting can get it right and perform up to your standards. When you need water jet machining of your parts, contact Mach 1 Waterjet, Inc. We have both larger and small water jet cutting machines to cut virtually anything you have in mind. Let Mach 1 Waterjet, Inc. cut your next part with accuracy and precision. Call us today to learn more!