When it comes to cutting glass, the ultimate in care needs to be taken in order to avoid cracking or shattering it. With water jet glass cutting in San Francisco, CA, lower and variable pressures are able to be used to get contours and shapes that are just not possible with more traditional methods of cutting. Water jet cutting offers superior cutting quality and a host of benefits when it comes to cutting glass. Here’s how you can get the perfect cut with water jet glass cutting:
- Cuts delicate glasses: The fine stream of water pressure mixed with a light abrasive is able to cut even the finest of glass with ease. It is able to make the most intricate of cuts without causing the glass to break, even if it is thin and delicate in nature.
- No heat impact: In other cutting methods, you often see an area on the glass that has been affected by heat. Using water jet glass cutting in San Francisco, CA, there is no area of the glass that is affected, giving you a seamless cut with no impairment to the glass. Heat is not a factor in water jet cutting, and won’t affect the final appearance of your glass project.
- Completely finished edges: You will have no need to send your glass pieces to be finished, as water jet glass cutting in San Francisco, CA is able to cut a smooth edge that requires no further steps for completion. Edges are not burnt, and don’t have burrs that can impact the look and feel of your glass project. You will have a smooth edge every time without complications.
- Cuts different dimensions: Whether your glass piece is thick or thin, water jet cutting will be able to cut it without any retooling needed. This one-step process is able to cut through a variety of glass dimensions and widths in one attempt, making water jet cutting easy and convenient.
- Creates precise and complicated designs: No matter what you are going for with your glass piece, water jet glass cutting in San Francisco, CA will be able to accomplish it. This process is capable of cutting the most complex of designs in your glass, leaving you with a product that is without imperfections.
- No waste: Because the jet stream of the water jet cutting process is narrow, you have little to no waste left over when the project has been completed. This can eliminate the need for larger starting pieces, which reduces your overall cost.
- No cracking: Water jet glass cutting in San Francisco, CA is able to cut glass and drill holes without cracking the glass. It uses a variety of pressures to achieve the ideal cut strength that won’t shatter the glass, which is not possible using other methods of cutting.
With water jet glass cutting in San Francisco, CA, you will be able to have a glass piece that is exactly what you are looking for, without the fear of breaking or damage. To have your glass cut using this method, contact Mach 1 Waterjet, Inc. We are masters of water jet cutting with almost 20 years of experience in the industry, and we can handle any type of material or project you have in mind.