From sculptures and artistic projects to custom industrial components, precision cutting is a practice that is utilized for applications across a variety of industries. One popular method when it comes to precision cutting is water jet cutting. This method is popular for a number of reasons, including its accuracy, its environmental friendliness and its ability to be used for numerous materials. Water jet cutting in San Francisco, CA is also unique because of its ability to cut precisely without the use of a laser or other heat source. For this reason, materials can be cut without their properties being adversely affected by extreme heat.
Because of the diversity of materials that can be cut using the water jet process, there are a large number of potential applications:
- Composites: Composites, including different types of reinforced plastics, are one type of material that can be cut by using water jet cutting in San Francisco, CA. This material is used for a variety of different reasons and it is often included in things such as racecars and even aerospace components.
- Metals: Water jet cutting is a great choice for metals since it doesn’t use a heat-based cutting method. Because of this, cuts can be made without compromising the integrity of the metal or changing its properties. Commonly, metals that are cut using water jet cutting are used for processing and handling equipment or other industrial machinery.
- Alloys: Water jet cutting is often the best choice when it comes to cutting alloys, since they can be difficult to machine otherwise. Water jet cutting allows alloys to be cut without the risk of heat distortion.
- Glass: From cases for smartphones to stained glass window panels, there are a multitude of applications for water jet glass cutting. Precision cutting can be difficult to accomplish with glass since it is brittle in nature, but water jet cutting makes it possible.
- Stone: Water jet cutting of stone is often used for residential and decorative applications. Things like granite countertops and sculptural pieces are commonly cut through the use of water jets.
- Ceramics: Ceramic materials that undergo water jet cutting can be precisely cut for use in walkways, decorative walls and home décor.
- Rubber: Rubber and foam can also be cut with a water jet. These materials might be used for things like seals, gaskets and other custom parts.
No matter what materials you are working with, our team of seasoned experts at Mach 1 Waterjet, Inc. is prepared to help. Our cutting edge water jet cutting in San Francisco, CA is an affordable and reliable option for our customers. We prioritize the satisfaction of our customers, and we are able to work with your needs and your vision to ensure that you are completely happy with the final product. If you’d like to find out more about the precision cutting services that we provide or to get started with your next project, call us today. We look forward to assisting you!