Water jet cutting in San Francisco, CA utilizes amazing technological advances to make precision cuts to some of the world’s most dynamic materials. Water jet technology, due to its high level of variability and precision, can be used on surfaces both hard and soft for a wide variety of applications.
Water jet cutting in San Francisco, CA works by pumping a concentrated stream of water or water mixed with an abrasive material directly onto the surface that is to be cut. The stream is often controlled by a computerized arm to achieve maximum accuracy.
Due to this unique process, water jet cutting in San Francisco, CA can be used on a myriad of materials that are notoriously difficult to work with:
- Glass: Water jet technology can be used to cut and modify glass for a variety of applications, including decorative backsplashes, mirror bezels and frameless shower screens. Water jet cutting in San Francisco, CA is even powerful enough to cut through bulletproof glass!
- Stone: Historically, masonry work has been a time- and labor-intensive task. Thanks to advances in water jet technology, however, custom tiles, floor inlays and even custom stepping stones can all be formed with little more than the touch of a button.
- Foam and rubber: Water jet cutting in San Francisco, CA can be used to make a variety of foam and rubber forms. The technology can help companies develop specialty gaskets, custom packaging and sound insulation apparatuses with ease. Water jet technology can also be employed on natural rubbers and cork.
Due to its versatility, there are a number of applications that take advantage of water jet technology to both speed up and enhance precision of production processes:
- Automotive: Fiberglass body components can easily be formed with water jet technology, and plastic interior trim can also be shaped using water jet cutting in San Francisco, CA. Truck bed liners and car bumpers are other components that can be easily created thanks to water jets.
- Aerospace: The airplane industry is a dynamic field that requires a high level of precision through every single step of production, which means that water jet technology is perfectly suited for aerospace applications. Water jet cutting in San Francisco, CA can be use both for aluminum body parts as well as engine components made from heat-resistant metal alloys.
- Food: It may be shocking to learn that the same technology employed in the aviation industry can be used to aid in food production. Water jets are frequently used to process meats, slice vegetables and prepare pre-made snacks for packaging.
- Textiles: Garment industry operators can use water jet cutting in San Francisco, CA to move through multiple reams of fabric at once, and make high-precision, non-fraying cuts on valuable materials.
Mach 1 Waterjet, Inc. has long been one of the premier providers of water jet cutting in San Francisco, CA and the greater Bay Area. We offer a wide range of precision cutting services for both technical and creative applications. To learn more about how we can help you bring your project or product to fruition, contact one of our helpful representatives today!