There are many different cutting methods common in industrial settings all over North America. Water jet cutting is becoming significantly more popular for a variety of reasons, as outlined below.
Here are some of the biggest benefits associated with water jet cutting in San Francisco, CA:
- Cold cutting: The inherent cold cutting quality of water jets makes it quite advantageous over other methods that generate a lot of heat. This allows you to more accurately cut materials that might otherwise be melted, burned or cracked by cutting methods that produce too much heat.
- Omni directional: With water jet cutting, you have the ability to cut in any direction you wish. This is not true with other applications, in which you are either bound by the limitations of the equipment or the material you’re cutting. As a result, you’ll be able to cut materials into just about any shapes. Make sharp corners, bevels, large and small shapes, tiny holes and much more.
- No starting holes needed: With most materials, you’re able to perforate the material right away and just begin cutting where you want to cut without having to worry about creating starting holes. This cuts out a lot of time spent having to switch between cutting and drilling applications.
- Ability to cut almost any material: Most cutting processes are limited in terms of the kinds of materials they can be used to cut. You can use pure or abrasive water jet cutting to slice through just about any type of material at almost any shape and thickness, making it one of the most versatile cutting methods available.
- Environmentally friendly: Water jet cutting is a very clean process. It does not create any hazardous gases, chips or grindings, and does not need any cutting oils or emulsions. It only uses pure water—a renewable resource—and occasionally garnet.
- Speed: Water jet cutting is faster than most conventional cutting methods. While just using pure water or an abrasive solution, water jet cutting can cut through materials at massive speeds—up to several hundred feet per minute depending on the material and type of water jet cutting process used. Even thicker, tougher materials can be cut relatively quickly, especially when compared to other processes and applications.
- Saves materials: Water jet cutting makes more efficient use of raw materials, as it has nesting capabilities and a much smaller cutting kerf. This is particularly important when considering we live in a world where raw materials are constantly soaring in price as resources become more and more limited. This optimized usage of materials also increases the cost effectiveness of the cutting process, meaning you’ll be able to save money by opting for water jet cutting over other means of cutting your materials.
These are just a few of the biggest advantages associated with water jet cutting in San Francisco, CA. To learn more about the technology or the various applications in which the use of water jet cutting is especially helpful, contact us today.